Taipei Botanical Garden 台北植物園
Built by the Japanese as "Taipei Nursery" in 1896, the park was expanded in 1921 to become a botanical garden home to over 2,000 species of plant species.
Occupying 82,000 SQ METRES of land in Downtown Taipei, the garden today serves as a research centre for the Taiwan Forestry Research Institute as well as a public park for the public to enjoy.
The National Museum of History (國立歷史博物館) and National Taiwan Arts Education Center (國立台灣藝術教育館) are located next to the garden.
The park is home to the remaining areas of the ancient Taipei Lake.
From Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall (中正紀念堂), Green Line 3 and Orange Line 4 Interchange, leave from Exit 1 or 2 and walk down Nanhai Road for about 10 minutes. The park will be on the right side behind the National Art Education Center. Alternatively, from 3 Xiaonanmen (小南門) Exit 3 or 4, walk south down Bo'ai Road (博愛路) to enter the park.
There is a Youbike station at the intersection of Nanhai Road and Heping West Road named Botanical Garden.
The Taipei Botanical Garden is a member of the Botanic Gardens Conservation International plant conservation network under the institution code TAIF.