Downtown Hualien City 花蓮市區
Nestled in between the mountains and the east coast of Taiwan, Hualien is perfect for those who enjoy fresh air and beautiful scenery.
Location 2 hours away from Taipei City by train, the county is full of hiking trails, hot springs, biking paths, ranches and farms, rivers, waterfalls, and tons of hidden gems.
Hualien City is the largest city within the county, and is located in the northern part of the county close to Taroko Gorge National Park and Yilan County.
Hualien County is home to many aboriginals, and approximately 8.5% of the city population is aboriginal.
The beautiful and scenic East Rift Valley (花東縱谷) stretches from Hualien City south to Taitung City.
The area's main shopping and entertainment area is located around the triangle shape made from the intersections of ZhongHua, ZhongZheng, and ZhongShan roads (中華, 中正, 中山).
At the south and west sides of the triangle are the A|Zone Cultural and Creative Industries Park (花蓮文化創意產業園區) and the Old Railway Walking Path (花蓮市區舊鐵道徒步區) market area.
Popular destinations in the Hualien City downtown area include:
- Qixingtan Beach (七星潭, Chihsingtan) and waterfront cycling path
- Tungtamen Night Market (東大門觀光夜市)
- Hualien City Old Railway Walking Path (花蓮市區舊鐵道徒步區)
- A|Zone Hualien Cultural and Creative Industries Park (花蓮文化創意產業園區)
- Pacific Landscape Park (太平洋公園, 北濱公園, 南濱公園, Beibin and Nanbin Parks)
- Hualien Martyrs' Shrine (花蓮忠烈祠)
- Hualien Pine Garden (花蓮松園別館)
- Ziqiang Night Market (自強夜市, Tze-Chiang Market)